Stations of the Cross
Around the walls, beginning on the south wall of the Chapel and continuing clockwise around the church, are the fourteen Stations of the Cross painted by Sir Thomas Monnington, a former President of the Royal Academy.
Alabaster bust of Christ
In the alcove above the pulpit is a bust that was discovered under the floorboards on the south side of the nave when repair work was being carried out in 2006.
Rumour has it that a former Rector did not like the bust and asked his church warden to lose it!
The statue of Our Lady was carved by the sculptor and writer Clare Sheridan (nee Frewen) whose family had come into possession of Brede Place in 1708. This beautiful statue stands in memory of her son Richard (a descendant of the playwright) who had tragically died aged twenty-one. It was carved in 1941 from an oak tree grown in the park of Brede Place.
Clare Sheridan was a first cousin of Sir Winston Churchill. Her bronze portrait bust of him, sculpted in 1942, is on display at Chartwell.
She died in 1970 and is buried in the churchyard.
Painting of St. Bernard
The painting, which is high on the wall facing the south door, was painted by Bernard Adeney (1878 - 1966).
Painter and textile designer, he began exhibiting at the R.A. in 1911, had a work included in the 1912 Post Impressionism exhibition and continued to paint in a style of Post-Impressionism that
was primarily indebted to Cezanne.